Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The show that never ends


One of the dogs I am in charge of keeping safe, got out on my watch and bit a neighbor.

I am dogsitting for a friend 45 minutes down the Pennisula.
Commuting to The City for works means no yoga for the last seven days.
Miss daily mediation of the practice.

BYC is a very calm studio.

Everyone is quiet inside the studio.

Managed to squeeze in a class at Yoga Health Center in San Carlos.

Last time I was here in this small room the instructor used an amplification system. That bounced me right out of the class as she was a "countdown" gal. Countdowns are crazy making to my mind.
I entered with a mixture of trepidation and desperation.
.
The studio now has rubber floor. I saw spray bottles labeled lavender. Starting panicing about "aromas".
No one sprayed the bottles. Break.
No burning gases or artificial chemical odors in the classroom BIG Break.


The students were all chattering inside the studio. Trying to find the zen center of my brain.
The road to calm me is a steep and twisted one.

It has been one or two years since I have taken a class here. The studio is small and not very deep.
Here they mark out the places where you can place you mat. You get more room to your left and right but the person in front of you has to keep their head to the mirror or their feet will be in your face. the ceiling mounted blower heater was to my left. I felt the top layer of my skin crisp as it was blown onto my skin. I expected scabbing.

Last time I was here in this small room the instructor used an amplification system. For 1000 sq ft studio.
That bounced me right out of the class as she was a "countdown" gal.

Countdowns are crazy making to my mind. I entered with a mixture of trepidation and desperation.
.
The instructor was not the owner but some gal who sounded like heidi klum. She did not use a microphone Break. If she counts down I am AUT. It has been years since I attended a scripted class. She gave wildly different instructions for standing bow, raise your arm first! That was shocker.

Feet in my face during the floor series prompted me to scramble for a new spot.
I could not believe how much easier it is to breathe in this aroma free class room.
I am going back this morning.


Yoga Tip of the day:

No comments:

Post a Comment