Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Time is Right for Dancing in the Streets day 1

Practice does not make perfect, practice establishes practice. Feeling studio homeless for about a year.  At my last attempt at a class at  BYC I  resisted being moved closer to the aromatheraphy, due to allergies.  I was told in no uncertain terms that there are plenty of other places to practice. It took me a whole month to gather up the courage to go back to BYC after falling off all my many wagons.

My sweet doggie's end of life had me distracted.   I took her to a doggie spa for the last few months of her life.  That's over.  Her life ended. I took care of her, and Pizza and Plonk took care of me.  And how.

I felt fat, bereft and  discombobulated when I entered BYC, and felt like an expelled school child when I left.

"anceled the autopay and now am auditioning new studios, all over, hoping to find a new base studio to call home.  Decided to get off the hippy inspired "age naturally" bandwagon. Went to the Doctor, found out my hormones and thyroid were missing in action and decided to take some meds to make me healthier.  Bring on the knife!   I am ready for serious change.

Changing studios was just another good idea - get out of rut. Working with a wide range of teachers will enhance any practice. Showing up, breathing, stretching and sweating is my practice.

Grabbed a couple of groupons and signed up for class series on the  peninsula, and in Sonoma.  Been bouncing between funky door Polk street- cheap garage parking 1/2 block away- is my reason for this studio choice and  Seacliff Studio - I don't want people on the street to see me in my yoga clothes, so though this studio may be my favorite - the parking is tough, you walk for blocks, people see me in my work out grar, not a good look, its far from my house,  makes this a studio of last resort for me.  It is acoustic. And I love love love the studio and natural voice  not the amplified voice of dog.   If there is only one person talking, why does anyone need amplification.    I love the sea cliff studio space.

at the opera house there are  3000 +seats- no speakers. It's called Breathing.

When I am down peninsula way I practice at Yoga Health Center San Carlos, which just gets better every year- although not wider.. the studio is narrow .. it's now  primarily an unplugged studio. And they offer silent classes (!) The early class on the weekends.

 I have signed up for the new Bikram yoga studio in Daly City (PARKING!!)When Life takes me to Sonoma, there is a great studio there called Bikram Yoga Santa Rosa on Wilson Street.  Love this studio as well. In the last month I have been to all these studios. I  want to again make it a  practice of writing about establishing a good practice.

So that is where I have been for the lst year. I am one year caffeine free.  More notes on the practice of practice starting tomorrow, Day 3 of  my new practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment