Friday, February 24, 2012

Yoga Bee Hive

Day 2       98 to go
'

Its 6 pm and I am sitting down to my breakfast, my lunch and dinner all at once, as I kept missing morning classes due to email, work and inspections.  And I ran into one of my favorite people in the grocery store! Yay, Good day. Instructor talked every single micro second of the class.  That is good and bad.  And one of the people who worked at the studio came in one minute before the class started and put a mat down right in front of the student next to me. This was after I just asked another person who came in and put their mat own 100% in front of me if they could move a little which set of  off a mini shifting of everyone mats, the random yoga worker bee  came in and plopped a toweled mat down 100% in front of the gal next to me, the gals who was so nice and offered to shift to make room for me so I could get part of the mirror ws now 100% blocked by an empty mat.  Yoga Bee told us we needed to move our mats so  Yoga Bee could make room for a student  not even in the studio.
 I pointed out that she could move the latecomers' mat to another spot that did not block anyone as a courtesy to the people who were already in the studio.  This is a big pet peeve of mine, like the prodigal son,  concessions at the expense of  the dependable people in favor of the flakey latecomers.  

 Yikes... Me and my big mouth. Everyone got disgruntled. 


Yoga Tip of the day: Trikonasana Triangle Pose. Improves stamina. Works the adductor muscles. Think ice skater or ballroom dancer moves.  A favorite pose, it takes strength. Everyone can master this standing pose. Keep your trapezoids  from rising up  when you stretch your arms out. REALLY stretch your hands and palms across the chest to finger tip to fingertip strong.  Keep your  eyes to the mirror. Do not turn your head when you turn your foot. Take a moment, rotate your arms and palms towards the mirror before you tilt your body to stretch your arms up and down. Place your chin so it is touching the upwards shoulder.  You will feel powerfully  awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment