Saturday, April 21, 2012

China Syndrome




How to cook Chicken Kiev.
 First you heat the city to 2000 degrees
 Day 6  94 to go
Hanging out at  the ZPokemon Spa for the weekend. Out of town feels so good. The bees are busy in the Wisteria. The old dogs, sleeping on their sides, drawing up the coolness of the tile, waiting for the heat of the day to pass. It is quiet here, musical instrucments strewn about in every room, abandoned.  There are plenty of quail running around the front yard. The bees love the purple flowering bushes in the front, the grafted  fruit trees are flowering. Meant to get to the  7 am silent class but did not sleep well.   Went to the 9 am class in San Carlos. Feeling good about this challenge. And my intention of psychic support for MM in Teacher Training. (TT)  Bill was teaching.  I always come away with a new understanding of some aspect of a pose when I take one of Bills classes.  Super crowded.   The class has good synergy.  I have been struggling all week with my practice, literally  feeling like the best of my practice was melting away, not being able to hold a pose, needing breaks, thinking I might be at risk for a cardiac event.  My physical proof  of a dedicated practice evident only in the fact that I now possess  a firmer  handshake. Sadly, I can not remember the last time I shook any ones hand, though. If you cant do it on the Internet it is no longer meaningful. Handshakes were developed as sign of trust,  You exposed your vulnerable heart to a potential enemy in possession of  a sword or dagger. Thank god for dogs, they don't wield daggers. I want a tee shirt that says, "I have been doing Bikram Yoga for years and all I got was this firm handshake."  
 35 minutes into the class I started to have a full blown anxiety attack. By the time Jamushirasana with Paschimottanasa rolled round,  I had gone from crying silenting  to sobbing, complete with shaking and gasping for air. Trying, unsuccessfully, to keep it to myself. I  wanted to run out of the studio and scream at the top of my lungs:::::: AAAAAAIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEE ::::::::::
 Very embarrassing on a full studio class day. Must be my solidarity with TT.

Diaphram is key
Bikram Yoga Tip of the Day: Lie about who you are.  That way any story about the crazy old lady who sobbed in class won't be about you. Dandayama Dhanurasa Standing Bow Pulling Pose  Your weight should be distributed all over you foot. Today in class we were guided to hold our edge for two breaths, talked through the  inhalation and exhalation,  this helped deepen the pose without "muscling through."  As King George the VI said in the "The Kings Speech, " Let the microphone do the work."
Same principal applies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment