Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Errant Onion

one tiny sliver
Day 2. Class 2.  98 to go I popped one tiny piece of a chopped onion in my mouth 2 hours before class. I was choking in pranayama breathing.  I  fell out of triangle, liquids wanted to flow up  in floor bow. I could  not go back in camel. Dizzy,  reguratating, not really an empty stomach. Not enough hydration. Every little piece matters.  I keep thinking I am strong, but missing 15 days, is like starting over.  Meet someone at the BYSC studio who did 150 days in a row since last July. I am inspired. I want to do doubles again.
Tonight was the 6:30 Class with Jay - a dynamite ( am I showing my age with this adjective?)  instructor. Clear instructions, good corrections .He made us hold things longer....I took a different spot up front and it was a H-O-T hot spot. We talked about TT. Jay also knew a spring yogi at TT -- from the Mission studio. Jay then taught the class likewe were at  TT. It was HOT!

For MM -I plan to show my solidarity and send good intentions  for you by going to class every day between now and graduation in June.
Awkward Pose
I will  attend the graduation ceremony mid June.

I Rise
Bikram Yoga Tip of the  Day: Utkatasana Awkward Pose. Let's talk about the easy part. I find I can't lower my so my thighs are parallel to the floor, but I brother  can I rise!  Like Maya Angelou . I rise rise  rise right up on my toes max-i-mum like a ballerina. I feel the front of my ankles opening up and my feet are getting so strong.   After years of yoga I have strong toes and strong fingers. Now, if only the rest of my body would fall in line.

No comments:

Post a Comment