Saturday, April 21, 2012

Oh Miss Crabtree ...

Day 5  l 95 to go
June Marlow as Miss Crabtree
 Anyone who wants to talk to me for 5 minutes takes up 45 minutes, and when I hang up I have another hours worth of notes and actions  to do.  Why this is I do not know.. It has something to do with the expansion of time in  a vacuum. It is the anti-spanx law of the universe. Spanx law:  An intractable object is impossibly contracted with unnatural force. A billion dollar company. Torture yourself for 90 minutes every day instead in one of Bikram's Torture Chambers.

I was all ready for the 9:30 am class. Sped through one very orange light, to get to the 11:30 am class. I  do not know the name of the teacher I will call her Miss Crabtree. She gave a great tip rotate your  thighs inward. Great tip, great instruction except for my button pushing item  she was a countdown counter. I want to get out of my head and into my body  counting puts me in competition mode which is 100% inside my head.  I hung in there but was cursing under my breath.  I hate countdowns in Yoga  in way that is not logical or healthy..I cursed under my breath, darted out nasty glances, and said "f***"  under my breath. I generally bolt from a class when someone starts counting down.  I need a silent class to shake it off. Someone out there is teaching these teachers to do countdowns.. it must be stopped! Or I need to get over it.  Today I had trouble with all the high blood pressure poses -backward bend in half moon, standing bow, balancing stick,  locust and camel... Hummmmm...Maybe I should pull out the blood pressure cuff machine and check things. I noticed today that people around me sat a  lot,  and the other side of the class they did not. Would I have stuck it out more  if  I was on the other side of the class room?   Will need to move my matt over there next time to investigate.  Were they sitting because  I was sitting? All belching during the floor poses. not charming. Where is all this air coming from?  I definitely have not eaten.  After class I sat for 15 minutes, drank a water, and never felt revived. I wanted to run across the street to the gas station and get a big gulp Coke. Not good for me, sugar is is forbidden. I did not do it, but I considered the hippie drinks Kombucha, sounds awful don't know what it is but is sounds like something you catch.. oh man I was out of work all last week with some raving Kombucha. There is also the coconut water drink option. I tried that once,  oh yuck sickly sweet..   I am ready for nap.   Still paying too much attention to what people  are doing around me in class.

Bikram Yoga Tip of the Day: Standing Head to Knee Pose Dandayamana-Janushirasana  Like all the postures in this series, there are many layers or parts to each pose. My approach is to try and master one part, then build on it. I have the beginnings of many postures. I cannot get webbed grip of my fingers under my feet with posture.Yet, I Lock My Knee. I pull up on my quadriceps and I  balance on one leg, I round  my spine over, interlace all ten fingers and with my lifted leg, try to lasso the ball of my fee.  this year sometimes manage to weave the bent knee in between two taut arms. Some times I hold onto my shin or my ankles. If I hold onto my shin, I do not round my back down and just keep my gaze forward into the front mirror.  This year, I have had fingers under the ball of my feet several times but the knee of the upraised foot was not always in the right place. Thrilling though, it really feels like progress.    I feel it in my back. Maybe I will be five six again one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment