Saturday, April 14, 2012

Interfon Interference

Breathing tools

Two weeks of phlegm  & fever.
Two weeks  of rest and no practice. no blog.   Managed to get to an 11:30 am Saturday class. Not crowded, not amplified, lots of newbies on a sunny day.  Oddly dizzy class. Something set off my immune system and would not be stopped. Not breathing fully, only one nostril functioning.  I made it through the class with  minor  rest/breaks - my best effort today. A dear friend is taking off tomorrow for Bikram Teacher Training. A big adventure~!
 
Class was great.  I noticed today that I want to recognize people and I will think unknown people are known to me because they look like or remind me of someone I know.  Must be in our DNA to yearn to connect with others, or as the young people say -  be part of a social network.


Rhino virus as pretty as a panda
Bikram Yoga Tip of the Day: Half Moon Pose with Hands to Feet Pose- Ardha Chandrasana with Pada-Hatasana.  This is like riding on spring toy, you take your spine left and right then forwards and backwards with no break in between. See your throat when you look in the mirror. When you bring your arms up also open up your chest by keeping your tight arms by or behind your ears. LIFT LIFT LIFT, your whole body up - creating space between every vertebrae. Keep your whole body taut, facing front. You may feel like you are wobbling on a playground spring toy. Focus on keeping your body in one plane by  facing the mirror.  Take the stretch as far your breath will allow you. Breathe again and let your breath take your a centimeter farther. Every movement is a choice.  Let your body follow your breath.  Stretch your breath to stretch your body.

No comments:

Post a Comment