Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Intercostal highway

The Practice of a Practice.
  Pranayama Breathing. Standing Deep Breathing.  The musings on this blog are on the practice of  Bikram's Beginning Yoga Class-
a series of 26 breathing and asanas designed to be complete workout of your entire body in 90 minutes.  This is a beginners class and all are welcome. Follow along as best you can and pay attention to two things, what is being said to you  in class and what your body is telling you.   For my first year I tried to pay attention to my feet and my fingertips in every pose.  I know where my feet and hands should start and end up in every pose. I know where they go and I know where they are supposed to go for the perfect posture. And that is why I try and practive as often as possible to bridge the gap between what is possible today and what is possible tomorrow. Slowly working my way up to and my ankles and wrists, and now these parts are beginning to strengthen and become more flexible. This year I hope that my joints  will join the party and become stronger and more flexible, along with my lungs. When people ask me how long it takes to perfect a single pose, I know they do not get it, not yet.  The best part of yoga practice is the practice. 
Bikram Yoga Tip of the day:Pranayama Breathing Standing Deep Breathing.  The first thing you will do Warm up from the inside out with yhis deep breathing exercise designed to stretch your lungs, and oxygenate your blood, waking you up for  good work out and stretch. Your wrists, shoulders and neck get a good  run for the money, too.   Pay attention with your mind and pay attention with your body. Focus 110% and the time will fly by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment