Friday, March 2, 2012


 doing something I shouldnt in the dark

Day 7 l 93 classes to go

Late class.  8:15 pm!  I am usually asleep, or doing something I really shouldn't, by then. A nice way to end the day. BYSC. My main objection to this studio  is that is is a tad too dark,  Not as bad at night, as you dont crave the few silvery rays of natural light that make it 10 feet into the studio.  Lighting could be a tad brighter.  Ana's class.  She is a great teacher.  

I never met a locust and I  never hope to see one.  But I can tell you anyhow, I'd rather meet than be one. Locust pose is the one pose that still feels really bad. The dreaded floors series, designed for alien bodies, or if  these poses are for people, the next question becomes: where did I really come from? I can't get my hands flat on the floor, my wrist scream in pain. Yet from time to time, I can get both my legs way up, as long as I am not tired. It is easy, if you set up correctly and don't mind wrist pain,  form is everything and there is little mirror help from here on out. The locust pose improves the most with daily practice. During the floor series you can not see and copy the advanced students. Poses are shorter and you really work deep.


Yoga tip of the day: Salabhasana Locust pose.  Get your shoulders down,  really tighten your legs,  knees quads, abs and gluts,  tilt your pelvis, so it is easier to lock your knees and move the leg as one component.  Push down and forward on your arms and shoulders, at the same time use your back strength to lit your leg, up and back lifting in a straight line from the hip joint.   Make sure your quads abs, and gluts are fully engaged. Don't break your wrists.

No comments:

Post a Comment