Thursday, March 1, 2012

Tinker Tailor Soldier Why?

Day  6 l  94 to go
I did Hatha yoga back in the 70's. When I was living on the farm I tried to maintain my practice from memory. Cobra  pose I practiced often as it was easy to remember. A cousin has photo of me giving yoga lessons to my young nephew outside on bright English August afternoon.

My lower back is probably the strongest part of my entire body.  Could be why.

Yoga tip of the day: Bhujangasana  Cobra pose. Lie on your stomach, arms relaxed at your sides.  Place the palms down on the floor, fingertips beneath your shoulders. Keep your arms close to your body.  Inhale as you start to slowly arch your back. Arch your neck back, look up and back wit hyour eyes. Open you chest with your lower back muscles.  Keep pelvis, quads tight, legs locked one solid structure from pelvis to the top of  the toes, flat on the floor. Lift your palms one inch of the floor. The cobra needs  no hands.  Use your lower spine muscles, not your arm strength,  to raise your self up and down like the Queen of de Nile.

No comments:

Post a Comment