Saturday, March 10, 2012

You talking to me? You are the only one talking...

Day 16  l 84 days left
BYSC had the instructor with the headset so I left before the audio assault began and went to Yoga Health Center in San Carlos instead. I know I am supposed to be open. Maybe next year. This year I choose to be small minded about amplification. It's old Opera house training. If Kathleen Battle could get her voice over an entire orchestra and clearly magnificently up to the patrons in the balcony, anyone with a diaphram and decent lungs in small room should be able to do talk at a whisper and be heard. No one else is talking. Why do you think we can't hear you? You talking to me? You talking to me?  Bobby D. rescue me. 

 People at the San Carlos are nice. Some are chatty and too busy inside the studio, They leave bottles of smelly stuff and people get up in the beginning, middle or worst of all, at the final savasana and spray, spray spray agent orange all over the place with no concern for those who are meditating. You spraying at me?  You spraying at me?  Sometimes I leave the studio and take my final asanana in the lobby and lose the heat, but skip the smell.

 Not quite the same thing. Why cant people clean their matts at home? Why provide distractions inside a studio? The studio here is  very narrow. There was a big puddle of sweat on the floor when I am in, yuk.  Luckily  there  was no one in front of me so I could position myself in front of Lake Ewie.   I do like this studio.  It keeps the students on their matt and has them turn rather than straddle their matts. This is much more hygienic.  I am surprised at how many people leave their feet off their matt. The floors are not cleaned between classes and if you sweat, you should keep sweat,and your feet, on your towel and your matt.  This class was not as hot as I would have liked. Instructor turned off the heat before we hit the floor. I am old and crave the heat to move my weary joints.  Instructor was soft spoken, and gave great instructions.

Yoga Tip of the Day: Utrasana Camel's Pose. Why  they call this pose Camel I do not know. 


 A stretch of the front of the body. It can bring up dizziness, nausea is common and emotional feelings. Don't worry, just see it and let it go.   This pose is good for what ails you, flushes blood to the kidneys, stretches your front, which never gets stretched in the world of computers, driving and couch potatoing.  Start kneeling with your knees and feet 6 inches apart. Place your hands on your lower back, push your hips towards the mirror, past your knees. Elongate your spine and neck, allow your head to release all the way back so you see where the wall meets the floor. Drop your hands to heels,  one and a time and open your chest to the ceiling. Breath and stay here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment