Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Midnight Train to Prada

day 83 l 17 to go
Wednesday 9:30 am class

September 30, 2009

I've fallen down and I can't get up.
(Its okay. I am wearing Prada)
Photo from Milan Fashion Week 2009.
My Yoga train is empty. Q4 has everyone busier than me.
The 26 postures still elude me. Current zeitgeist sez excercise does not matter, nuitrition does.Good thing I do not attend yoga for exercise. For me it is a meditative practice. Something to challenge the focus and quiet the mind.
Both primary care MD and Dermatologist both strongly advised there were better ways to spend my time than in Bikram Yoga practice. Dermatologist was strongly against it (for me). Regular Doc would have preferred the time spent walking.
What will I do 18 days from now?
Yoga tip of the day: Stretch your feet. In awkward pose, feel the heel releasing the soles of the feet down. In Tulandasana ,Balancing stick pose, move the weight around over your foot until you feel your body weight centered over the middle of the foot, then exhale through your arms, locking both your elbows and knees, pulling with all your might to reach opposite walls with fingers and toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment